Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Influences

As I wanted my architecture to be and exploration of old and new styles of architecture as well as reflect power and the personality of the two different companies I drew inspiration from wide ranging sources. A concept sketch for the bridge and headquarters further on in the design process. My influences throughout the development of my architecture have been ranging from Enric Miralles and Buckminster Fuller to more Classical Architecture as well as more Postmodern. The Facebook headquarters were inspired by the Museo de Contemporaneo de Castille y Leon as well as the columns in the Pantheon. The towers were inspired by my various reading on Italian architecture, while the large spherical intersecting shapes were inspired by the use of domes in Classical Architecture as well as the work of Buckminster Fuller. Enric Miralles:
The Contemporary Art Museum of Castille and Leon.

No comments:

Post a Comment